Monday, June 22, 2015

Ebay Sales 6/14 - 6/20

Total items in Store: 320
Total sales:$135.97
Number of sales:6
Cost of items sold:$19.00
Highest price sold:$54.99 Lego set. This included free shipping which cost me about $8
Returns: 0
GPS sales:0

So sales were slow last week.  Highest priced item was a Star Wars NIB Lego set. At the end of last year when I was still running the day care I received a gift card for $250 for a fancy online school supply store. After the first of the year I purchased several Lego sets that were on clearance. This was the last set. I did give one to my son as a gift. So all those sets were 100% pure profit. I shouldn't be complaining too much. Every time I have a slow week it's still the same money or more than I would have if I still had just one kid in the daycare with a lot less stress and time. 

So a big thing that is happening in my area is an Aldi grocery store is coming. And they are hiring store associates $12/perhr. Most jobs in this area are minimum wage ( $7.25 per hour) so this is a big deal. When I was working as a call center supervisor I was only making $10.50 per hour and that job required a Bachelor's degree. So it will be interesting to see if other employers in the area will follow suit. Especially since the town was recently named poorest city in Maryland here's the local papers take on it. http://www.times-news.com/news/cumberland-named-poorest-city-in-maryland/article_c7da0544-13b5-11e5-bed1-e35447fb9c39. And it's almost tempting to apply but then I would have to put my child back in school and find before and after school care. So not quite worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment